Sunday 10 November 2013

Social Pitching

Social Pitching, a different style of pitching Rosemieen-Femide decided to introduce on October 10, 2013.

It moves away from the normal business style pitching, with a focus on sharing instead our deepest dreams, desire, calling, ambition, devotion, passion, hobby, interest, joy, excitement, concern, past stories, life lessons to anyone willing to lend a listening ear.


Pretending to “die before dying”

In this session, all six of us that attended shared our stories in life. The winner of the pitch, and our favourite share, Ong Beng Chung shared “It is never too late to ask yourself, “Am I ready to change the life I am living? Am I ready to change within?” Even if a single day in your life is the same as the day before, it surely is a pity. At every moment and with each new breath, one should be renewed and renewed again. There is only one way to be born into a new life: to die before death” (Shams-i-Tabriz, “40 Rules of Love”).

The second winner Ricky Soo shared on lessons he learned on organising meetups. These insights can be summarized in the acroynym IPMAN – Good (I)dea, Leverage on (P)eople, Right (M)otive, and (A)ction (N)ow.

I was the host where I also gave a 30-minute briefing on the Self-Discovery Game Play and perform its closing and follow-up of the previous session's participants.

"Rosemieen is a trained intuitive counsellor and therapist based on various modalities. She is passionate on moderating and promoting self-healing and awareness."

Comments written by the participants of this event:
  1. Kasumi:
    Big thanks to Rosemieen Femide for giving me an opportunity to share my feeling of my mother's medical condition - Alzheimer Disease in this meet-up. With my true experience, I hope most of you be alert of you loved one if he/she has any signs/symtopms of this disease. I'm sharing a video regarding the facts and figures of the Alzheimer Disease in USA. It will be happening in Malaysia, in fact, it is happening..
    http://www.alz.org/alzheimers_disease_facts_and_figures.asp
    Again, thank you Ong to share the statement "to die before death". With this statement, I become confident and "walk" towards to my future.
     
  2. Ong:
    Thank you friends for your generosity in sharing your knowledge and insights tonight! My gratitude to Rosemieen Femide and Ngoh, Kasumi and Tracy. As for me, I shared "die before Death"! Sounds morbid but actually, this phrase lightens me & also most of our friends tonight!
    As requested by Ricky, here's the full text:
    38. It is never too late to ask yourself, “Am I ready to change the life I am living? Am I ready to change within?” Even if a single day in your life is the same as the day before, it surely is a pity. At every moment and with each new breath, one should be renewed and renewed again. There is only one way to be born into a new life: to die before death. (Shams-i-Tabriz, "40 Rules of Love").


No comments:

Post a Comment